Kabuli Chickpeas. Market Overview
- Planted area is down in India, Mexico, USA, Canada & Argentina by approximately 30-35% from last season.
- Planted area in Turkey is estimated to be up by approximately 20%.
- Black Sea planted area is estimated to be similar to last season.
- Significant carryover stocks exist in all origins.
- Price spreads between large and medium sizes have narrowed significantly.
- Small caliber stocks are plentiful and searching for demand.
- Buyers are waiting and watching the weather.